Wooden chairs are the most popular chairs worldwide for ages. Wooden chairs are very durable, and most people didn’t care about their weight and weight capacity in the past. Have you ever wondered how much does a wooden chair weighs?
The average weight of a wooden chair is 15 to 30 pounds. There are outliers, such as the Flash Furniture Napoleon Chair, which weighs 9 pounds, or the OSP Home Furnishings Deluxe Wood Bankers Desk Chair, which is 43 pounds.
In this article, we’ll provide lots of real examples of several wooden chair weights so you can get an overall idea of what’s on the market these days. We’ll also discuss how much wooden chairs can hold and as well as why you must abide by your wooden chair’s weight limit.
The Average Weight of a Wooden Chair
I have found that there are many wooden chairs in the market, and most of the manufacturer doesn’t care about the item weight and as well as the weight limit.
After doing a thorough research and collecting real data, I saw that, on average, wooden chairs weigh around 15-30 pounds.
However, there are many heavy and big wooden chairs which weigh up to 50 pounds. Also, there are some lightweight wooden chairs weighing around 10 pounds as well.
These are outliers, and their numbers are low. If you go to the market to buy wooden chairs, you will find most chairs weigh around 15-30 pounds.
I think you will get a better idea by seeing some real examples of popular wooden chairs. So, let’s check out some real examples of wooden chairs.
33 Real Examples of Wooden Chair Weights
- Flash Furniture Elon Series Milan Patchwork Fabric Chair with Wooden Legs: 10 pounds
- Flash Furniture Mobile Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Office Chair: 13.22 pounds
- Meco STAKMORE Arts And Craft Folding Chair Cherry Finish: 13 pounds
- AmazonBasics Classic Reception Office Chair: 26.9 pounds
- Ball & Cast HSA-1109-24 Dining Wooden Chairs: 25.4 pounds
- CangLong Mid Century Modern Wood Legs chair: 9.83 pounds
- Linon Home Decor Titian wooden Chair: 17.64 pounds
- OSP Home Furnishings Deluxe Wooden Chair: 43 pounds
- Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 1000: 9 pounds
- New Classic Furniture Mid-Century Modern Oscar Wooden Back Chair: 29.2 pounds
- OSP Home Furnishings Fruit Wooden chair: 35 pounds
- Winsome Wood Benjamin Seating: 19 pounds
- Linon Home Decor Titian Chair: 17.64 pounds
- OSP Home Furnishings Deluxe Wood Bankers Desk Chair: 43 pounds
- Armen Living Jaguar Dining Chair: 10.55 pounds
- Meco STAKMORE True Mission Folding Chair Fruitwood Finish: 13 pounds
- Flash Furniture HERCULES PREMIUM Series Chair: 9 pounds
- Boss Captain’s Chair In Burgundy Vinyl W/ Casters: 28.1 pounds
- Signature Design Dining Room Chair: 19 pounds
- Flash Furniture Napoleon Chair: 9 pounds
- VIFAH V415 Outdoor Wood Arm Chair: 18 pounds
- Stakmore True Mission Folding Chair: 13 pounds
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Chair: 12.1 pounds
- Boss Office Products Ivy League wooden Chair: 33 pounds
- Sunset Trading Oak Selections Dining Chair: 20 pounds
- MECO STAKMORE Arts And Craft Folding Chair Fruitwood Finish: 13 pounds
- Ashley Furniture Signature Design Chair: 17.5 pounds
- Armen Living Summer Walnut Wood Finish Chair: 15 pounds
- Walker Edison Rendezvous Modern Solid Acacia Wood Chair: 23 pounds
- Best Choice Products Folding Wooden Chair: 18.75 pounds
- HomePop Parsons Classic Dining Chair: 32.3 pounds
- Stakmore Music Back Folding Chair Finish: 13 pounds
- OSP Home Furnishings Dakota Chair with Espresso Finish Wood Legs: 15 pounds
Wooden Chair Weight Capacity:
The weight capacity of the wooden chair was a bit tough to find out. You will see that more than 60% of wooden chairs do not contain any information on their weight capacity.
After observing lots of wooden chairs, I only found a few wooden chairs with proper weight capacity mentioned by the manufacturer.
The weight capacity of a wooden chair is around 250 to 300 pounds on average. In most wooden chairs, manufacturers do not even bother to mention the weight limit. That is really annoying.
Why Abiding by Your Wooden Chair Weight Limit Is Important?
Just like any other chair, it is very much important to abide by the weight limit of a wooden chair. 90% of people will not have any issue if they don’t, but if you are a big and tall guy, this can be serious.
That’s why I suggest everyone checks for the weight limit of a chair before buying one. If your weight is higher, then aim to buy a wooden chair with a higher weight capacity. Otherwise, your sitting experience will be compromised, and this might have an effect on the longevity of the wooden chair as well.
What are the weight capacities for the Wooden Chairs models we discussed above? Here is a list to get you started:
- AmazonBasics Classic Reception wooden Chair: 250 pounds
- CangLong Mid Century Modern Wood Legs chair: 265 pounds
- Flash Furniture HERCULES Series: 1000 pounds
- New Classic Furniture Mid-Century Modern Oscar Wooden Back Chair: 250 pounds
- Flash Furniture HERCULES PREMIUM Series Chair: 400 pounds
- Boss Captain’s Chair In Burgundy Vinyl W/ Casters: 275 pounds
- Flash Furniture Napoleon Chair: 800 pounds
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Chair: 100 pounds
- Boss Office Products Ivy League wooden Chair: 275 pounds
- Sunset Trading Oak Selections Dining Chair: 350 pounds
- Armen Living Summer Walnut Wood Finish Chair: 250 pounds
- Walker Edison Rendezvous Modern Solid Acacia Wood Chair: 250 pounds
- Best Choice Products Folding Wooden Chair: 350 pounds
- HomePop Parsons Classic Dining Chair: 250 pounds
Wooden chairs weigh 15 to 30 pounds on average, with some lightweight wooden chairs around the 10 pounds threshold and others around the 40 pounds mark.
When you are in the market for buying a wooden chair while noticing the chair’s weight, keep an eye on the weight limit. Aim for higher weight limit as chairs with higher weight limit tend to have better build quality in general.