I love the concept of standing desks. If the height of the standing desk is adjustable, it is really cool. Research also says standing for a while after an hour or two of sitting sessions can be better for your health than prolonged sessions of just sitting.
I was thinking of buying a standing desk a few days back, and I was wondering about how much does a standing desk weighs. So, I did some digging on this topic, also checked on a lot of real standing desks to dig out some real data, and this is what I have found!
How much does a Standing Desk Weigh? The average weight of a standing desk is around 30 to 40 pounds. However, there are some outliers, such as the Mind Reader Adjustable Standing Desk, which weighs 10.69 pounds, or the Safeco Products Muv 45 “H Stand-Up Desk, which is 59.3 pounds.
In this article, I will provide plenty of real examples of various standing desk weights so you can get an idea of what is on the market. I will also discuss why you must respect your standing desk’s weight limit strictly.
The Average Weight of a Standing Desk:
As per my research, in the market most standing desks weigh around 30 to 40 pounds on average.
The Safco Muv 45 “H Standing Desk, Seville Classics airLIFT Standing Desk, Safco Mood Stand up Desk are the heaviest ones in terms of weight.
Whereas, the flash furniture Black sit standing desk & the mind reader adjustable standing desk are the lightest ones in the market right now.
The heavier ones are bulky in nature and have more weight capacity. On the other hand, the lighter ones usually have a low weight capacity.
Now, let’s check out some real examples of standing desks and their weights in pounds.
19 Real Examples of Standing Desk Weights
To further demonstrate the weight of standing desks, here is a list of 19 standing desks from some well-known brands and how much each of them weighs.
- TechOrbits Mobile Standing Desk: 35 pounds
- Gas Spring Standing Desk: 25 pounds
- Mind Reader Mobile Standing Desk: 22.4 pounds
- Ergotron – LearnFit Sit-Stand Desk: 30.8 pounds
- Flash Furniture Black Sit Standing Desk: 13 pounds
- Techni Mobili Sit-to-Standing Desk: 28.3 pounds
- Safco Products Muv 45 “H Stand-Up Desk: 59.3 pounds
- Tabletop Standing Desk: 27 pounds
- Urban gold Standing Desk: 25 pounds
- Mind Reader Adjustable Standing Desk: 10.69 pounds
- Seville Classics airLIFT Height Adjustable Standing Desk: 50 pounds
- Calico Designs Adapta Height Adjustable Stand up Desk: 29 pounds
- FEZIBO L-Shaped Standing Desk: 34 pounds
- Motionwise Electric Standing Desk: 41pounds
- Safco Products Muv 35-49 “H Stand-Up Desk: 57 pounds
- Safco Mood Stand up Desk: 55.5 pounds
- TechOrbits Electric Standing Desk: 45 pounds
- Rocelco Mobile School Standing Desk: 36.6 pounds
- TechOrbits Adjustable Standing Desk: 40.1 pounds
Standing Desk Weight Capacity:
Standing desks have a weight capacity of 70-100 pounds on average. But there are some lighter standing desks with far less weight capacity, and also there are some other big and bulky standing desks with much more weight capacity than the average.
The average is to give you a general for what to expect from your standing desk so that you can decide on how many things you can put on yours.
Why Abiding by Your Standing Desk Weight Limit Is important?
The weight limit of a standing desk is very important. You must keep the weight capacity of a standing desk before you even decide to get one.
Most people keep multiple computer monitors, laptops, keyboards, and mouse on their standing desks.
I have seen there are big standing desks which lets you put lots of stuff on them, and they have a higher weight capacity. So, I think which standing desk is good for you actually depends on the weight limit.
If you want to set and use heavy things on your standing desks like multiple monitors and staff, you must get a standing desk that can support the weight.
On the other hand, if you need a standing desk just to use your laptop while standing, maybe you can get a standing desk that has a lower weight limit, and standing desks with a lower weight limit usually costs less.
If you buy a standing desk with lower weight capacity and you put on lots of things and eventually overload it, then there is a possibility that your standing desk will be damaged. So, be careful with the weight limit.
For all these reasons, I think abiding by the eight limits of your standing desk is important.
What are the weight capacities for the Standing Desks that we discussed above? Here is a shortlist to get you started:
- TechOrbits Mobile Standing Desk: 133 pounds
- Gas Spring Standing Desk: 22 pounds
- Mind Reader Mobile Standing Desk: 80 pounds
- Ergotron – LearnFit Sit-Stand Desk: 90 pounds
- Flash Furniture Black Sit to Standing Desk: 30 pounds
- Techni Mobili Sit-to-Standing Desk: 70 pounds
- Safco Products Muv 45 “H Stand-Up Desk: 100 pounds
- Tabletop Standing Desk: 33 pounds
- Urban gold Standing Desk: 50 pounds
- Mind Reader Adjustable Standing, Desk: 25 pounds
- Seville Classics airLIFT Height Adjustable Standing Desk: 33 pounds
- Calico Designs Adapta Height Adjustable Stand up Desk: 75 pounds
- FEZIBO L-Shaped Standing Desk: 176 pounds
- Motionwise Electric Standing Desk: 225 pounds
- Safco Products Muv 35-49 “H Stand-Up Desk: 130 pounds
- Safco Mood Stand up Desk: 100 pounds
- TechOrbits Electric Standing Desk: 180 pounds
- Rocelco Mobile School Standing Desk: 20 pounds
- TechOrbits Adjustable Standing Desk: 60 pounds
There you go! After looking at the popular standing desks in the market, we can conclude that the average weight of a standing desk is around 30 to 40 pounds. I think most people are not aware of that. For this reason, I have decided to write an article on it.
I think standing desks are fun, and I hope this article was helpful. Thanks for reading. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!!