Gaming chairs do not magically appear inside your home when you buy them; you have carry them there. So, it is very common to ask the question, how much does a gaming chair weigh? I did some research on this topic, and let’s see what I have found!
How much does a Gaming Chair Weigh? The average weight of a gaming chair is around 45 to 50 pounds. There are outliers, such as the super-light BestOffice PC Gaming Chair, which weighs 31 pounds, or the VERTAGEAR VG-SL5000-RD S-Line 5000 Gaming Chair, which is 61 pounds.
In this article, I will provide a lot more real examples of various gaming chair weights, which will give you a better idea of what’s on the market right now. I will also discuss all the possible factors that can affect a gaming chair’s weight as well as why you must keep your gaming chair’s weight limit as well.
The Average Weight of a Gaming Chair
You will see that most of the gaming chairs in the market weigh around 45-50 pounds. However, there are some gaming chairs like AKRacing Core Series EX, VERTAGEAR VG-SL5000_RD S-Line 5000 & VIT Gaming Recliner Chair, which are some of the heaviest gaming chairs in the market.
On the other hand, gaming chairs like Camo Video Gaming Chair, BestOffice Gaming Chair, VON RACER Massage Gaming Chair are the lightweight gaming chairs in the market. Popular brands like GTRacing, GTPLAYER, RIMIKING, Hbada Gaming Chairs are the average ones in terms of weight.
27 Real Examples of Gaming Chair Weights
To further illustrate the wide range of gaming chair weight classes out there in the market, here is a robust list of gaming chairs from my favorite brands and how much each gaming chair weighs.
- Homall Gaming Chair: 42.1 pounds
- GTRACING Gaming Chair: 50 pounds
- RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair: 51.81 pounds
- Shuanghu Gaming Chair: 45 pounds
- AKRacing Core Series EX Gaming Chair: 57 pounds
- VERTAGEAR VG-SL5000_RD S-Line 5000 Gaming Chair: 61 Pounds
- BestOffice PC Gaming Chair: 31 pounds
- Gaming Chair Racing Style Office: 40 pounds
- GTPLAYER Gaming Chair: 44.6 l pounds
- OHAHO Gaming Chair: 48.4 pounds
- RIMIKING Ergonomic Gaming Chair: 45.7 pounds
- MassageGaming Chair: 31 pounds
- Hbada Gaming Chair Racing Style: 49 pounds
- Camo Video Gaming Chair: 38.4 pounds
- Polar Aurora Gaming Chair: 42 pounds
- VON RACER Massage Gaming Chair: 35.27 pounds
- GTRACING Gaming Chair Gt890M: 50 pounds
- Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair: 45.5 pounds
- Cadcah Gaming Chair: 38.7 pounds
- NEO Marvel Avengers Massage Gaming Chair: 41 pounds
- Okeysen Gaming Chair: 48.2 pounds
- Dowinx Gaming Chair: 52 pounds
- BOSSIN Racing Style Gaming Chair: 47.44 pounds
- Blue Whale Massage Gaming Chair: 49.9 pounds
- VIT Gaming Recliner Chair: 59.4 pounds
- PatioMage Gaming Chair: 48.9 pounds
- Luckracer Gaming Chair: 46.74 pounds
The Factors That Increase Your Gaming chair’s Weight
You will notice that gaming chairs are heavier than usual task chairs or office chairs. There are a lot of factors that increase the weight of gaming chairs. The important ones are as follows.
Excess Padding and Bigger Frame Size
You will notice that most gaming chairs are bulky because of excess padding. To provide extra comfort to the gamers, the gaming chairs, in general, contain extra padding, and to accommodate that padding usually the frame size is often more prominent in these gaming than usual or standard office chairs.
This makes the gaming chairs bulkier. So, a gaming chair with a bigger frame and excess padding carries extra weight, and the ones with less padding contain lesser weight.
You might have noticed that gaming chairs that carry more weight have footrests. Footrests are actually beneficial for people who game a lot. A footrest is necessary for hardcore gamers as they spend lots of time sitting in front of their gaming pc or console.
These added footrests provide a minor addition to the weight of a gaming chair.
Big and Tall Back
The backrests of gaming chairs are also bulky and larger in size than standard chairs. That is why gaming chairs carry more weight than office chairs or task chairs.
Usually, leather chairs are heavier than mesh ones. You will notice that most, if not all, of these chairs are made of leather material. These chairs would be way lighter if the back was made of mesh. So, the materials used to build gaming chairs also increase the weight of gaming chairs.
Why Is Gaming Chair Maximum Weight Limit Important?
Besides the item weight, you will find that every gaming chair has a weight capacity. It is the maximum weight that a gaming chair can accommodate.
When you buy a gaming chair, you have to look into this number carefully. Generally, the weight limit of gaming chairs is from 250-300 pounds. But there are other gaming chairs like the Blue Whale Massage Gaming Chair, which can carry more weight (350 pounds).
So, if you are a big guy, you should buy gaming chairs with a higher weight capacity. Otherwise, the lifespan of the gaming chair will be compromised, and you will not be able to enjoy your gaming sessions properly.
Here is a list of weight capacities for the Gaming Chairs that we have already discussed which might help you to get started:
- Homall Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- GTRACING Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair: 275 pounds
- Shuanghu Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- AKRacing Core Series EX Gaming Chair: 330 pounds
- VERTAGEAR VG-SL5000_RD S-Line 5000 Gaming Chair: 330 pounds
- BestOffice PC Gaming Chair: 250 pounds
- Gaming Chair Racing Style Office: 300 Pounds
- GTPLAYER Gaming Chair: 300 Pounds
- OHAHO Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- RIMIKING Ergonomic Gaming Chair: 250 pounds
- Gaming Chair Massage Office Chair: 250 Pounds
- Hbada Gaming Chair Racing Style: 300 pounds
- Gaming Chair Camo Video Game Chairs: 300 pounds
- Polar Aurora Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- VON RACER Massage Gaming Chair: 250 pounds
- GTRACING Gt890M Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- Gaming Chair, Cadcah Ergonomic Computer Chair: 250 pounds
- NEO Marvel Avengers Massage Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- Okeysen Gaming Chair: 330 pounds
- Dowinx Gaming Chair: 350 pounds
- BOSSIN Racing Style Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- Blue Whale Massage Gaming Chair: 350 pounds
- VIT Gaming Recliner Chair: 300 pounds
- PatioMage Gaming Chair: 300 pounds
- Luckracer Gaming Chair: 350 pounds
Gaming Chairs weigh 45-50 pounds on average, with some in the 35-40 pound range and others in the 55-60 pound range. But you will see most of the gaming chairs will weigh around 45-50 pounds as this is the average.
With the weight of the gaming chair, you must keep in mind the weight capacity as well while buying a gaming chair for yourself. By doing that, you can make a better purchase decision for sure. Don’t buy a particular gaming chair if you notice that the weight capacity is less.