Who wants a massage from Monica, right? We all want Phoebe, when it comes to receiving massages. But the era of masseur had ended, now it is the Massage Chair that is ruling the industry. But, do massage chairs actually work? Is massage by a massage chair more effective than a professional masseur? To know about it keep reading the article.
Do Massage Chairs Work? Well, massage chairs can be effective as they are cheap and help relieve tension and body pain. Moreover, studies have shown massage chairs improve blood circulation, immunity response, muscle recovery and work well with hypertension.
If you have a massage chair, you can receive a customized massage from the same massage chair any time you want. This will help you realize the pain from any part of your body.
In this article, I will explain all the features and advantages & disadvantages of Massage Chairs. Later on, in this article, I will recommend my favorite massage chair, so make sure to read the whole article.
Different Components of Massage Chair and Their Activities
Usually, Massage Chair includes three components so that you can experience a massage like a hand-on massage.
1. Massage Chair Motor
The motor is an essential component of the massage chair. It initiates the activity of the rollers and nodes which in turn lets the chair massage properly.
This motor is customized with various preset patterns and programs used to massage the entire back portion of the body.
2. Massage Chair Rollers & Nodes
Massage chair rollers & nodes come in numerous shapes and sizes; even in the same massage chair. The smaller ones provide a more detailed and point-specific massage whereas larger nodes & rollers provide a more generalized massaging approach.
A same massage chair can have different types of nodes & rollers, depending on the place. The ones which massage the feet are relatively smaller than nodes & rollers on the back.
Few massage chairs come with amazing features where you can adjust these rollers & nodes as per your need.
3. Monitor Assisted Adjustability Of The Massage Chair
Once you start enjoying your massage, setting up the desired message is extremely important. Using the massage chair’s monitor, you can easily set up your perfect massage; you can even set the time period.
You can also use the monitor to get a massage on a location-specific area after making all the necessary adjustments.
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Massage Chairs
So what are the medical benefits of a Massage Chair? Let me give you the top 10 health benefits of a Massage Chair.
- Post-workout we need to enhance our muscle recovery. A 10-minute massage on your massage chair will provide you quick recovery from post-workout which means you can resume your daily activities comfortably.
- Insomnia is very common nowadays. A massage chair can be a big help in overcoming sleep problems. Even my sleep problems are reduced after continuous use of a massage chair.
- Massage can help you reduce anxiety & stress and ease your mind. It also stimulates Endorphins (the ‘feel-good hormone’). It will also help you stabilize your mood swings.
- Massage chairs can improve blood circulation, reduce hypertension, heart rate, and constrict arteries.
- Massage techniques can decrease the loading on the heart, improving oxygen intake, and fixing several circulatory issues.
- Soft massaging of the massage chair in the raw areas increases blood flow to the spot, which brings in more oxygen and helps in carrying away the lactic acid. The reduction of lactic acid can reduce sore muscles pain.
- Low stress levels, improved blood circulation, and good sleep can effectively boost your natural immunity of the body.
- Various massage chairs come with a headset for massaging your head; this helps to treat the root cause of headaches.
- Effective massaging can add vitality to your sex life. Having regular massages addresses many health issues and enhances the general well being which can get reflected well on intimacy and physicality.
- Regular massaging can help you keep your mental health fit. As it helps in ditching anxiety, sleeping better, feeling energized, and regaining their enthusiasm.
Is Extensive Massage From Massage Chair Harmful?
Like all other aspects of life, too much massage from a massage chair is not good for your health in the long run.
Yes, a massage chair can ease your muscle pain, help you to relax, alleviate stress & discomfort; which is what you need to be free from the real world.
But extensive use of a massage can hurt your muscle and can cause muscle damage, inflammation, and bruised tissues. Extensive use can also harm the chair in the long run; can ruin the functionality of the chair’s motor.
I would recommend you to use the chair as per guidelines, to get the best result. Take it slow with your massage chair, especially while using it for the first time.
How Often Should You Use A Massage Chair?
Well, the average time to use a massage chair is 15 – 20 minutes. Too much time spent can cause bruises on your muscles, especially if you are using a massage chair for the first time. Extensive use can even damage and cause inflammation in the body’s soft tissues.
Most of the massage chairs have an automatic timer on them to ensure you get the perfect amount of massage. When the massage chair does not have such functionality, make sure to set a timer on your clock or phone.
Is Taking Massage From Massage Chair Expensive?
Having a massage chair in your home is very convenient. You can enjoy a massage in the privacy of the hole, along with at your convenient time.
To be honest, massage chairs can be expensive and cost you a fortune.
The popular and good-quality massage chairs cost $1,500 – $2,500. With more additional features the massage chair’s price can vary and can go up to $10,000 – $40,000; mostly known as luxury massage chairs.
Nonetheless, you can always enjoy such massages in the supermarkets or shopping malls; which are far cheaper than any other massage.
Should I Buy A Massager Chair Or Rent One?
Well, that is a choice you are to make. But I can tell you the pros & cons of having a massage chair of your own and renting one in the malls.
|Owning A Massage Chair||Renting A Massage Chair|
|More expensive.||Comparatively cheap.|
|Can take massage at your convenience||Can take massages only during office hours.|
|Privacy is maintained.||No privacy, have a massage in a public place.|
|Electric & maintenance cost is added.||Just pay as per your requirement.|
|Can use the chair for a lifetime.||You don’t own the chair, so have to pay each time you receive the service.|
Now that you are aware of the pros and cons of both, you can choose yours.
If you are a private person, love maintaining some boundaries, and extra costs don’t bother you, you can buy one massage chair of your own. Make sure to check out my recommendation later on in this article.
If you have a restricted budget, I would recommend you to rent a massage chair as per your need.
Some Negative Effects of Massage Chairs
The list below consists of some negative effects of Massage Chairs,
- Extensive use can cause health problems. Such as muscle damage, inflammation, and bruised tissues.
- Consumes a huge amount of electricity. An average massage costs about $75 per hour; which is $600 per month and $7,200 annually.
- If not properly done, infectious skin disease can initiate.
My Recommended Massage Chair
Among all other massage chairs, I especially liked YITAHOME Zero Gravity Massage Chair. It is perfectly built with various ergonomic features; designed to trace your neck down to the upper thigh and massage your fatigued muscles.
Its 3D soft rollers mimic the touch of the human thumb and help reach the main meridians on your back. The air massage bags vary in strength as they are specifically designed for shoulders, arms, waist, buttocks, calves, hamstrings, and feet.
Dual Electric Linear Actuators allow you a luxurious massage experience. The presence of two heating parts near the waist help alleviate lumbar discomfort.
The massage chair zero gravity full body comes with two levels of zero gravity angles and you can choose the one most comfortable one for you. Further, this function effectively reduces heart pressure and stimulates blood circulation.
This massage chair comes with six auto modes: whole body, neck, extension, sleep, sports rejuvenation, elderly.
The 3D massage chair is fully assembled beforehand and the usual price of this massage chair is $1,799.99, but it is currently on a 22% sale. You can check its recent price just by clicking here.