We all have modern-day jobs that last 8-9 hours long. Most of the time, we spend sitting in a chair, which is very stressful for our lower back, and we feel enormous pain. At the end of the day, we all want some relaxation that will erase the pain of our busy day. A recliner chair can help you reduce this pain.
There are a lot of people out there who would like to purchase a recliner chair and ask this question, “Are recliners good for the lower back, and do I need one?”
You will find a lot of recliner chairs in the market. Most of them are unique from each other, so there is no direct answer to this question if recliners are good for your lower back or not. However, If your recliner provides lumbar support, fits with your body properly, and can elevate your feet above your heart level, then I can say that The recliner is actually good for your lower back.
Now, If you want to know if you need a recliner or not, I can not give you a ready-made answer for that. You have to find that for yourself. I’m pretty sure you can easily decide if you need a recliner or not after you are done reading the article as I will discuss the features, benefits, and how you would choose a recliner for yourself.
Features of a Good Recliner chair:
There are some special features for a recliner that differentiates a recliner from other categories of Chair. These Special Features of a recliner which makes a recliner an ideal choice for you are as follows:
- The ideal recliner has a special design that will allow you to sit in the most comfortable reclining position.
- It relieves the pressure from the area of the cervical, which should provide you a more relaxing experience for your body and mind.
- An ideal recliner keeps your backbone straight and provides pressure relief effectively.
- It provides adjustable options as per your preferred position.
- Some good recliners will provide you with air compression massage and make your sitting experience more comfortable while effectively relaxing your muscles and neck.
- Some good recliners also have independent footstools, which will adjust your weight and the angle of your legs to maximize comfort.
- A good recliner also provides some additional features, which include heat, massage, and vibration for your comfort.
- A good Recliner will also accommodate you with a near supine position for sleeping as well.
- It must have a special adjustable backrest that should be able to give you the most comfortable reclining position you want.
- Finally, some good recliners also have power rolling features that can rejuvenate your body and reduce fatigueness of your muscles.
If your recliner has most of these features, then you can consider your recliner to be an ideal one. Or, if you are looking for one good recliner, then make sure the recliner has these features.
Benefits of a Recliner Chair:
You will experience the best comfort in a recliner chair. Most of the recliner chairs have a lot of options, and reclining up to 180 degrees is one of its main features. You can literally sleep on this chair. While the Perfect Sleep Chair is certain to be the most comfortable chair that you will ever own, it is also likely that your body can benefit.
2. Health Benefits:
Although you think that relaxation is one of the big reasons to purchase a recliner. You would be amazed to know that it has a few health benefits too. The following benefits can be found on recliners:
- Reduce Lung pressure
- Reduce pressure on the heart
- Reduced Back Pain
- Ultimate Relaxation
- Relief for Achy Joints
- Alleviation from Acid Reflux
- Better Blood Circulation
3. Better Posture:
If you are highly concerned about your posture and work for a long time, overtime, you will see that your posture isn’t in good shape. Recliner chair actually ensures that you aren’t hurting yourself even if you sit on them for a prolonged period of time.
Recliners are manufactured and designed in a way that will deliver you excellent support and comfort while you are sitting on it. As we discussed earlier, most recliners have the option to recline up to 180 degrees, and you tilt to backward direction as you see fit. This feature can help you lie down and sleep. For better posture, you will get the lumber support.
Due to chronic conditions, surgeries, or even just advanced age, Millions of people struggle with mobility issues. This means that getting in and out of your recliner chair can become difficult or maybe dangerous if you have any injury.
Recliner chair solves this issue. Not all of the recliner chairs have this option, but some of them have it. At the touch of a button, the chair will gently raise you to the standing position or lower you from it, safely and securely.
For those who have limited strength due to some pre-existing health condition, this functionality very well may mean the difference between requiring somebody’s assistance or being able to remain independent.
- Recliners help alleviate upper and lower back pains by relieving the tension in your spine.
- Recliners remove weight off your back, thus allowing your spine to relax.
- They can help pregnant women alleviate their back pains.
- They offer full support for the body, particularly to the spinal area.
- Since they have adjustable angles, these chairs enable users to find the most comfortable position for their body.
- The massage feature some of these chairs come with is excellent for promoting good blood circulation.
What to look for In a Recliner?
1. A size that will fit you and your living space:
There are lots of recliners in the markets, and they come in different dimensions and sizes. The common sizes of the recliners are Grand, Standard, and Compact. Most of the sellers of recliners in the US sell recliners of these sizes. This suggests that you must find the size that fits you and your living space.
There are also other things that you might also wanna consider such as, foot position, seat height, and seat depth. As I mentioned earlier, make sure that the recliner will also fit in the room of your house in which you will place your recliner.
2. Choosing the right type of recliner chair:
In the market, currently, you will find several types of recliners. Each type of recliner will serve you with a specific purpose greatly. There are some recliners that are built in such a way so that they can serve people with medical conditions like back pain and mobility.
On the other hand, some are built to give you the most relaxing experience with vibration, massage, and whatnot. Yes, there are some recliners in the market that will massage your back and legs. Besides, there are also rise and recline chairs, wall huggers, as well. You will not find all these specific features in all types of recliners.
These are specific to the particular needs of people. So, If you are looking for a recliner chair to buy, set your priority first. Then choose a particular type of chair that will best serve your needs.
For example, If you are an elderly person, you should get a recliner that will help you to get up from sitting easily.
3. Focus on your most essential features:
I’ve mentioned before about choosing the specific type of recliner that you need. Now, after you have done that, focus on your specific needs. To make sure the chair provides your needs, make a list of your essential features or needs, and check with the features that a recliner you think is worth buying.
There are some things that you might want to focus on like, high leg lift, a rocker base, a built-in-USB charger, a heating feature, or even a massage feature. The main point is that you must give emphasis on your essential needs.
4. Don’t be cheap when looking at recliner chairs:
Before you go to buy a recliner either from an online store or a physical store, you must keep that in mind that the good quality recliners are really expensive. You might find good looking cheap recliners on the internet and decide to buy one.
But trust us, cheap recliners are not worth buying at all. If you buy a cheap one, you will experience the product quality is not good at all and it won’t last for long.
So, it is better to go for expensive ones which will provide you with better service for a longer period of time. That’s why you should go for expensive and good branded recliners.
How would you choose a recliner for yourself?
If you have made it this far, I think you have already gained enough knowledge about the features and benefits that a recliner chair provides. I have tried to mention all of the benefits and features that you will need to know before buying a recliner.
Now, if you want to purchase a recliner for yourself, you will have to decide if you want or need the benefits that a recliner provides. Then make a list of the features from the above that will fulfill your needs.
Finally, focus on the very specific need that you want your recliner to serve well, and these will definitely help you to select the perfect recliner for yourself from the market.
Remember one thing; you must avoid cheap recliners if you want to have the most wonderful benefits of a recliner. On the other hand, it is also very easy to overspend on recliners as well.
According to our research, we found that good and most values for money recliners lie within the price range of 300-1500 USD and beyond.
Before you buy one, make sure to read customer reviews and ratings of any particular recliner you want to buy, given that it fulfills your personal requirements.
Also, please check out our article on 12 Best Office Chair Accessories to Improve your Sitting Experience.