If you have a spare gaming chair, you might often use it for study purposes. Undoubtedly, gaming chairs are comfortable to sit in but are good for our posture. You might also be wondering if it is okay to use the gaming chair on a regular basis for studying?
Gaming chairs are good for studying because they carry various ergonomic features that will perfectly hold your posture and eliminate the risks of any injury. Gaming chairs will offer better support and comfort while studying for prolonged hours.
If you are a bookworm just like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, let me tell you, considering the sheer time you spend sitting on a chair for study purposes you might end up with severe physical and mental issues.
In this article, I will discuss gaming chair benefits and downsides while studying. Also, I will recommend gaming chairs that would be perfect for you.
Can Gaming Chairs Be Used For Study Purpose?
Gaming chairs can be used for study purposes but the chair must have good ergonomics to provide a good sitting experience.
Most gaming chairs come with various ergonomic features, which help hold your posture for a more extended period. It will minimize the side effects of a prolonged sitting position.
However, you might own a gaming chair that doesn’t provide the required ergonomic features. Well, in that case, it might hamper your physical and mental health. You might also end up being habituated to poor posture.
You can read the article on 12 tips to maintain good posture while gaming to know more about it.
Additionally, some gaming chair manufacturing companies claim the chair to be ergonomic, but in reality, you might be betrayed. Some gaming chairs are designed to make the chair affordable for everyone, but they don’t actually carry health benefits.
For your information, most manufacturing companies design gaming chairs by first considering their overall appearance, then they think about giving the gamers a comfortable experience. Whereas, they should keep in mind gamers tend to spend much time sitting on the gaming chair, so comfort should be the first priority.
On the other hand, if you want to get a gaming chair that contains all the ergonomic features, it might cost you a fortune. So, you might want to skip buying it.
Therefore, are gaming chairs comfortable for studying? To answer this question, I would say gaming chairs can or cannot be suitable for studying purposes, depending on the features your gaming chair offers.
The Benefits Of Using A Gaming Chair For Study Purpose:
Now, as you know, some gaming chairs are suitable for spending extended time studying; let me mention the benefits of these chairs to clarify your doubts.
- Gaming chairs come in a plethora of designs and colors that can enlighten your mood and help concentrate on your study.
- Most of the gaming chairs offer full back reclining features which ensure your back to relax completely.
- Even though many features are missing in an inexpensive gaming chair, all gaming chairs come with few basic mechanisms, such as height adjustment and seat height adjustment. As a result, you will get the privilege to adjust the chair’s height according to your preferences.
- Most gaming chairs are manufactured with import quality; as a result, you will get a chance to buy a good quality chair at a reasonable price.
- Good brands manufacture better-quality gaming chairs that ensure comfort along with physical wellbeing. They try to include many ergonomic features and make your long-time sitting arrangement relaxed.
- You can use your gaming chair as an office chair, lounger, to play games, and for taking a nap
The Downsides Of Using A Gaming Chair For Study Purpose:
To be honest, a gaming chair has many downsides when it comes to using it for study purposes. Check out the list to get familiar with what a gaming chair can cause if you choose to study while sitting in a gaming chair.
- Many gaming chairs come with poor primary mechanisms. For example, the swivel tilt mechanism. Since this mechanism allows you to lift your knees and feet while using this function, it is considered a bad quality mechanism.
- The primary mechanism in an inexpensive chair can be faulty; as a result, it might require more physical strength to make the function work. In turn, it will invite more physical problems.
- Gaming chairs were first manufactured for racing games. This design was developed considering racing car seats, which ensured holding the players into the seat at the time of fast turning. As a result, most of the gaming chairs contain bucket seats that you might feel uncomfortable sitting in and resist you from concentrating in studies.
- The side bolsters on the gaming chair can be problematic due to the way they are manufactured. These side bolsters are mostly made using metal and contain light padding. Sitting in a position keeping your legs against the bolsters can be uncomfortable.
- Another downside of the side bolsters is that they narrow down the seat size and limit the place to sit.
- Many gaming chairs also have bolsters on the backrest, which makes it uncomfortable to sit, and you will end up getting up from the chair more often.
- Most of the chairs contain narrow seating arrangements with a low weight capacity. The chairs that carry more weight can be much more expensive.
- Gaming chairs manufacturing companies build chairs while spending a lot of capital and thought on its look; whereas, they should spend money to make the chair comfortable.
- The rigid structure of the seat and the side bolsters to keep your buttocks snug into one particular position for a more extended period of time. But this is not good for your posture nor your physical wellbeing. It would help if you had a comfortable place to relax your body while maintaining a good posture.
- A lot of adjustments can be missing from the gaming chairs. To mention a few, seat adjustments, armrest adjustments, arm pad, effective tilt mechanism, etc. Therefore, you need to adjust your body according to the chair instead of adjusting the chair as per your need.
- Lastly, the sad part is that almost all the gaming chairs come with short warranties, primarily for one or two years. In contrast, another chair comes with a 10 – 15 years warranty, and some come with an unlimited lifetime warranty.
My Recommendations of Best Gaming Chairs for Studying:
Premium Quality Gaming Chair For Study Purpose – Noblechairs Epic
A top-rated chair brand Noblechairs manufactures gaming chairs with a very stylish touch, most of which comes with a 2-year warranty. I suggest you buy Noblechairs Epic
Right now, The Noblechairs Epic Gaming Chair costs $389.99 only. However, the price changes regularly. So, check the latest price on Amazon by clicking here.
The Noblechairs Epic provides excellent support to your body with its flat & wide seat, which offers plenty of legroom.
It also contains both neck and lumbar support cushions to support your posture better when you sit for long hours either for gaming or studying.
With all these ergonomic features and comfortable support, you will be able to concentrate on your study for a longer period of time. That’s why I highly recommend this gaming chair.
Budget Gaming Chair For Studying – Fantasylab 8331
Very few budget gaming chairs contain the same ergonomic features as the expensive ones. However, the durability and quality of the materials might differ. One great example would be Fantasylab 8331.
Right now, The Fantasylab 8331 Gaming Chair costs $249.99 only. However, the price changes regularly. So, check the latest price on Amazon by clicking here.
Two of the great features are that it comes with an extra-large lumbar pillow and has a USB-rechargeable massage function inside the lumbar cushion. You can simply turn it on to send warm vibrations into your lower back portion.
You can say Fantasylab 8331 is the budget friendly version of Noblechairs Epic as it offers a similar type of flat and wide seat, even the dimensions are the almost similar.
If you are a student and don’t want to spend much on a gaming chair then consider buying this one.
It’s a good looking gaming chair with amazing features and ergonomics. But unlike the previous one, Fantasylab 8331 comes with a one-year guarantee.
The Specs of Fantasylab 8331 at a Glance:
- Adjustable 3D armrests
- Multifunctional tilt lock and 155 Degrees of reclining
- Neck and Lumbar support pillow: present
- Dimensions: 27.6 x 26.4 x (51.2- 53.5) inches
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year
- USB massage option
This chair will enhance your sitting position by providing a comfortable sitting position, and the USB massage option will help you relax during study breaks. You will definitely love the messaging feature of this chair..
Well, now that you are aware of both pros and cons of gaming chairs, now it is totally your call. You should consider both the budget and the ergonomic features you want in your gaming chair to have.
If you are willing to spend a good amount of money to find the best gaming chair that you can also use for study purposes, you can check the gaming chair by Noble chairs Epic mentioned above.
If you are a cost-minimizer like me, I would suggest you invest in a budget friendly option like the Fantasylab 8331.
But if you are thinking about a short-term benefit, I suggest you buy Fantasylab 8331, and it will save you money and enable you with various significant features.
What Is The Best Position To Study?
The best position to study is to sit in a neutral position. For an adult, the neutral sitting position is called strenuous. You need to keep your upper body straight, and the lower back should be perfectly aligned with the back of the chair.
The hips and your knees should be at a 90-degree angle while keeping the feet flat on the floor. Avoid crossing your legs or putting an ankle on the other knee.
Keep your hand relaxed on the armrest on the table, which should be parallel to the floor. The Head should be balanced at the top of the shoulder and keep your shoulders relaxed.
Tada! You are in your neutral sitting position to study.